Hot Stone Therapy
Stone Therapy is a complete “Mind, Body and Soul” Treatment which is sweeping the country.
Hot Stone Therapy goes beyond the physical experience of typical massage and enters deeper dimensions of relaxation, health and well-being combining massage with the use of heated Basalt stones which are applied to the body as an extension to the therapists hands. The warmth of these heated stones penetrates the muscles and balances the nervous system like no other treatment. Crystals can be used to help balance the body’s energy centres.
In these busy and stressful times, our bodies are thrown off balance. With Hot Stone massage the mind, body and spirit are soothed from inside out.
Hot Stone massage is the ultimate in massage. Once you experience the incredible sensations that can only be attained with these specially harvested Basalt stones, you will never go back to a regular massage.
The ancient art of stone massage is the method to achieve physical and spiritual balancing. From as long ago as 2000 years Healers from every corner of the globe have incorporated stones into their practices in one form or another. The connection between crystals, stones and the physical body has been known for thousands of years. Hot Stones warmed by fire were used by Native Americans to feel better, but Mary Nelson, from Tuscan, Arizona is generally credited with its revival.
Stone Therapy was introduced into the Health and Beauty Industry in the mid 1990’s
The Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- Enhanced feelings of relaxation and contentment
- Regular treatments can result in an improvement in the range of motion of a joint or muscle
- Lymph drainage is promoted therefore assisting in the removal of toxins
- Pain in areas can be treated by tapping the stones on the body
- Improves circulation bringing nutrients to the tissues and assist with removal of toxins from the tissues
- A general sense of health and well being