Swedish Body Massage
Massage therapy helps us to relax and can help ease aches and pains. It helps trigger and release of the body's natural painkillers and gives a general sense of contentment.
Massage is a general term; you may also come across the terms Swedish massage, Sports massage and Remedial massage. This list is not exhaustive; other forms of massage exist. Each type of massage has its own specific methods.
The Chinese were practicing massage as long ago as 3000BC and the Egyptian tombs contain evidence that massage was also important in their culture.
The athletes of Ancient Greece used massage before and after competing while the Romans recognised the benefits for injured Gladiators. Massage was also important to Romans after their bathing rituals in hot springs, many Romans liked to round off their visits to the baths with a relaxing massage.
Swedish Body Massage uses a sequence of movements working specifically and deeper into the tissue layers inducing warmth into the muscles and improving circulation which in turn promotes cell growth.
The Benefits of Swedish Massage
- Enhanced feelings of relaxation and contentment
- Relief from pain, e.g. headaches, back pain, stress and tension
- The release of endorphins, the body's feel good hormones
- Improved blood and lymph circulation
- Increased energy levels and feelings of vitality
- Injury recovery
- A general sense of health and well being